National Bioscience Database Center (NBDC
) and Database Center for Life Science (DBCLS
) have been organizing annual BioHackathon since 2008, mainly focusing on standardization and interoperability of bioinformatics data and web services for improving integration, preservation and utilization of databases in life sciences.
- BioHackathon 2017 will be probably held in Tokyo, Japan.
BioHackathons have been hosted by DBCLS
(since 2008) and jointly by NBDC
- BioHackathon 2016 @ Tsuruoka, Yamagata, Japan (Jun 12-18, 2016)
- Standardization and utilization of multi-omics information for life sciences
- BioHackathon 2015 @ Nagasaki, Japan (Sep 13-19, 2015)
- Standardization and utilization of medical and genome information for life sciences
- BioHackathon 2014 @ Miyagi, Japan (Nov 9-14, 2014)
- Standardization and utilization of human genome information with Semantic Web technologies
- BioHackathon 2013 @ Tokyo, Japan (Jun 23-24, 2013)
- Semantic interoperability and standardization of bioinformatics data and Web services.
- BioHackathon 2012 (PMID:24495517) @ Toyama, Japan (Sep 2-7, 2012)
- Biomedical applications based on the Semantic Web technologies.
- BioHackathon 2011 (PMID:24495517) @ Kyoto, Japan (co-hosted by Bioinformatics Center, Kyoto University)
- Generation and utilization of Linked Data.
- BioHackathon 2010 (PMID:23398680) @ Tokyo, Japan (in DBCLS)
- Integration and interpretation of biological knowledge with the Semantic Web technologies.
- BioHackathon 2009 (PMID:21806842) @ Okinawa, Japan (co-hosted by OIST)
- Integration of web services in bioinformatics applications.
- BioHackathon 2008 (PMID:20727200) @ Tokyo, Japan (co-hosted by CBRC)
- Towards integrated web service in life science with Open Bio* libraries.