National Bioscience Database Center (NBDC
) and Database Center for Life Science (DBCLS
) have been organizing annual BioHackathon since 2008, mainly focusing on standardization and interoperability of bioinformatics data and web services for improving integration, preservation and utilization of databases in life sciences.
BioHackathons have been hosted by DBCLS
(since 2008) and by NBDC
- BioHackathon 2014 @ Miyagi, Japan (Nov 9-14, 2014)
- Standardization and utilization of human genome information with Semantic Web technologies
- BioHackathon 2013 @ Tokyo, Japan (Jun 23-24, 2013)
- Semantic interoperability and standardization of bioinformatics data and Web services.
- BioHackathon 2012 @ Toyama, Japan (Sep 2-7, 2012)
- Biomedical applications based on the Semantic Web technologies.
- BioHackathon 2011 @ Kyoto, Japan (co-hosted by Bioinformatics Center, Kyoto University)
- Generation and utilization of Linked Data.
- BioHackathon 2010 (PMID:23398680) @ Tokyo, Japan (in DBCLS)
- Integration and interpretation of biological knowledge with the Semantic Web technologies.
- BioHackathon 2009 (PMID:21806842) @ Okinawa, Japan (co-hosted by OIST)
- Integration of web services in bioinformatics applications.
- BioHackathon 2008 (PMID:20727200) @ Tokyo, Japan (co-hosted by CBRC)
- Towards integrated web service in life science with Open Bio* libraries.